UT PEAK EXPEDITION
It's Time to Start Your Adventures
UT Kangri is of the newest explored peaks in the Eastern Ladakh region. It is best suited for beginners in mountaineering and planning to do 6000 meters in one attempt. It has resided in the Rumtse village. At the peak, you will be able to see the entire Markha Valley and Karakoram ranges. It was scaled in 2019 by the Ladakh Mountain Guides Association (LMGA).
- Day 1: You Arrive at LEH and rest for the day at the hotel. In the afternoon you walk around Leh market back to the hotel.
- Day 2: After breakfast, you will visit Thiksay Monastery and will be for lunch at the hotel. In the afternoon you will enjoy the cold breeze while walking to Shanti Stupa and back to the hotel.
- Day 3: After breakfast, you will conquer the mighty Khardung La at 17,582ft (5400m) and enjoy the majestic mountains, after some time will
return back to Hotel.
- Day 4: Drive to Rumtse Phu which will take 2-3 hrs (4900m). Then trek to Shakrok Doksa for 1:30 to 2 hours at (5100m). And this will be your Camping spot.
- Day 5: After breakfast, you will be introduced to mountaineering equipment and practice some important knots. After lunch, you will have an acclimatisation walk around the campsite to some Viewpoints.
- Day 6: Snow and Ice Craft training. Base making, using of Ice Axe, Snow Stick, Ice screw and rope. After lunch, you will practice what we have learned this morning.
- Day 7: After breakfast, you will walk to the rock area for Rappelling and Jumaring and practice the entire day. With lunch and tea breaks.
- Day 8: After breakfast trek to High camp 5300m of 3-4 hrs. Today you will be doing Alpine style mountaineering where you will be Carrying your mountaineering gear and tent with some food etc.
- Day 9: This will be the day for which you came so far, reaching Summit UT Kangri 6030m and Returning to Base camp.
- Day 10: Trek to the road head and drive back to Leh
Day 11:(Fly Back) — Will be saying Goodbye to the majestic mountains, Views, culture and hospitality till you come back for the next Adventure with (altitudeadventure.com).
Why choose Altitude Adventure
We are one of the oldest adventure agencies in Leh Ladakh , organising adventures since 1999 . Our staff comprises of local people who know the routes like the back of their hands . For us our clients safety is of outmost priority that’s why our expedition leaders are advanced mountaineering course qualified and specifically trained in rescue operations and basic first aid
What You Get
You get is an experience of a lifetime, that you can cherish your entire life. You will experience world-class hospitality and adventure at the same time. what we assure is the moment you are in for the adventure with altitude adventure.com, you start to experience a different view of the majestic places even if you have been there before, as our team is backed with years of experience and trust.